I began working on Rill Scarf by Miriam L. Felton. I have wanted to do this scarf for a few months now, but wasn't sure what yarn to use for it. My stash was lacking in lace weight yarn, which is what this pattern calls for. After a lot of thought and perusing Etsy shops, I decided I wanted to buy some bare yarn, dye it myself, and use it for this scarf. I found some merino/silk lace weight yarn on Etsy that was perfect for this project. As for the color, I dyed it using Kool Aid and Wilton's Food coloring. It is actually more variegated than this picture shows. It has areas of lighter green and darker, mossy green. I absolutely love how it turned out! I named the yarn "Shamrock".
Feels good to be knitting again after taking a bit of a hiatus over the winter.
I finished spinning and plying some merino/silk fiber for a friend of mine. She had purchased the roving at a local auction and had me spin it on commission. The original roving reminded me a of a Tribble from Star Trek.
Here's the yarn I made from it...
2 ply, 494 yards, fingering weight yarn
This past week, I added some new hand dyed lovelies to my shop. This organic polwarth top was part of my colorway naming contest in my Ravelry group. The winning name is "Mermaid's Hair" which was suggested by Ravelry user DKBach.
I think the name fits it perfectly! Thanks to all who participated in my contest! More contests to come!
Next we have a set of 2 skeins of merino/alpaca/nylon named "Purple Plum Love" 219 yards each.
Next we have "Cornflowers" on 100% merino lace weight yarn. 440 yards.
This one is "Marigolds" on merino lace weight yarn.
And finally we have "Emerald" on lace weight yarn.