Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

WIP & FO Weekend

WIP= Work In Progress
FO= Finished Object

Time to show you some WIPs and FOs that have been on my bobbins and needles lately.  

This past week, I finished the hat I was working on for my Great Aunt.  Sending that off to her this coming week and will get pics posted later.  

I finished 1 hexipuff using hand-dyed yarn (Wilton's food coloring).  

Still working on Color Affection Shawl.  This one is tasking me!  I decided to do some modifications of the pattern, based on what I read from others, but not sure they are working out for me very well.  You may think I'm crazy, but I'm planning to frog it and restart.  I know, there's a lot of progress there, but I'm just not pleased with how the edges look. You can't really tell from the pic, but they are really weird.  I'm the kind of knitter that if I'm not happy, then I'm going to restart until I am.  


On my bobbin today, I finished spinning 2 oz of Lincoln roving I bought at the Black Swamp Fiber Festival.  This roving is so different from spinning top roving, since it's less processed.  It feels soft, and I'm hoping the finished yarn will be soft too.  I have another 2 oz to spin, and then I'll decide if it will be plied together, or left as singles.  Still thinking about that.


Here's a mini-skein of 80% merino and 20% silk that I spun from my Phat Fiber Fluff Box.  The colorway is called "Alice" and it comes from Taylored Fibers.  It was lovely to spin!  I think I do prefer merino and silk mixes compared to spinning merino alone.  It makes it less "sticky" to spin.  I'm using this yarn to make a hexipuff, but have to redo it as it turned out too big.


Here's another hexipuff I made using merino yarn that I handspun (another Phat Fiber Fluff box sample).  It looks a little wonky in the pic, but I think it will look great sewn into the quilt one day.


And last, but certainly not least, my beautiful merino silk yarn that I handspun.  Calling it "Celtic Shimmer."  80% merino, 20% silk, 180 yards, 2 plied.  I am still dreaming of what to make with it.  Maybe a cowl?  Maybe a scarf?  I'll let you know when I decide.  

OH WAIT!!!  I almost forgot!  
I had one more FO to show you.  :)

I finished the Wicker Cowl pattern by Kate Gagnon Osborn and gave it to my mother in law for Easter.  Yarn is elsebeth-lavold-silky-wool.  


No comments:

Post a Comment