Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Knit Project Planning

Now that I'm able to knit again, albeit slowly, I've been in project planning mode.  So many things that I want to knit!  I started on Wicker Cowl the other day.  A Ravelry friend of mine gave me the printout of this pattern and some beautiful, purple yarn to make it with in a swap I did last year.  I'm using Elsebeth Lavold Design Silky Wool (shown above).  

Isn't it pretty?  I think it is going to be gorgeous in the Silky wool yarn and perfect for Springtime.  

Another friend on Ravelry gifted me the Color Affection shawl pattern to cheer me up one day.  I've been eyeing this pattern for a while now, dreaming of what colors to use.  I found some yarns on Knit Picks that will be perfect for it!    Ordering those this week and will show you my choices when they arrive.

Today, another friend (I have so many wonderful friends on Ravelry!!!) gifted me the Beekeeper's Quilt pattern that I've been longing to do for quite some time.  This uses small amounts of sock weight yarn to make hexipuffs.  The hexipuffs are sewn together to make a wonderfully warm, squishy quilt in the end.  I am going stash diving today to pick out yarn for this, as I know I have a ton of scrap yarn that will work.  I think I will make my first one tomorrow to commemorate the the anniversary of my positive pregnancy test last year with my sons.  March 12, 2012 was one of the happiest days of my life, and such unexpected joy to find out that I was pregnant after years of fertility issues.  I want to mark tomorrow and remember that day with my boys...even though at that time, I had no idea that I was carrying twins.  It's really rough thinking about how much my life has changed since then.  

The pattern author of this quilt has an adorable video online talking about this pattern in more detail.  You can watch it here.  

I also have plans to knit at least 2 hats for my great Aunt.  She survived ovarian cancer last year at the age of 88.  I picked out some soft, cotton yarn for her hats.  I'll show those when they are finished.

Well, I think that is quite a bit of planning for now.  Those things should keep my fingers and brain busy for a while to come...at least a few months anyways.  ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment